Today, I made some peanut butter Smarties cookies. These are, by far, my favourite peanut butter cookie. Sometimes I find some peanut butter cookies just aren’t peanut buttery enough, but this cookie is loaded with flavour. Slightly chewy in the middle, and crisp on the outside. This cookie dough does not need chilling either – bonus!
Yield: 16 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups (156g) plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Smarties (you could also use M&Ms)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/176C. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl and cream them together with a hand mixer for approximately two minutes, until the mixture looks fluffy. Add the peanut butter and egg and mix until incorporated. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until the flour has almost disappeared. Add the Smarties and stir them in with a spatula.
- Using a large cookie scoop, portion out mounds of the cookie dough on your prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 15 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown and the mounds have flattened a bit. Let the cookies cool, then enjoy!
I also baked some without Smarties, but I used a medium scoop.
Recipe adapted from Fifteen Spatulas’ Peanut Butter M&M Cookies